These sandwiches are a favorite among the guests and staff alike! The juicy chicken with the combination of flavors will leave you wanting more, we promise. Give it a go and let us know what you think!
The nickname 'Amber Sandwich' came about because of one of the owners here at Big Bar Guest Ranch. She had a craving for a similar sandwich tasted long ago but being as remote as we are it was either make it yourself or die of the craving. Four years later and it is a staple to our menu here at Big Bar Ranch!
Give this recipe a try... it might just become a regular at your table too!
- Chicken Breast (seasoned with salt, garlic and thyme)
- Roasted Garlic Aioli, (heavy on the garlic if you like that kind of thing)
- Fig Jam
- Apple (thinly sliced)
- Ciabatta Buns
- Roast your chicken breast at 350 degrees until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F
- Once your chicken is cooked slice it and place a chunk of brie on top. Place back into the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted
- Butter your ciabatta bun and grill it face down in a pan
- Spread your Aioli on your bottom bun. If you would like to make your own Aioli, like we do here at Big Bar Ranch, all you need to do is roast garlic in canola oil in the oven until it is golden brown. Add to food processor with mayo and blend!
- If you do not like Figs, Blueberry jam is a delicious alternative! To make the fig jam we chop dried figs and simmer them in water with sugar until the figs become soft. Then either put it in a food processor or mix with a fork!
To build the sandwich:
Spread the garlic aioli on your toasted buttery bun and put a bed of spinach on the bottom half. Place the chicken and melted brie on top of your bed of spinach. Next comes your thinly sliced apples on top of the chicken. Spread a generous amount of fig or blueberry jam on the top half of your bun and gently squish your sandwich together. Enjoy the unexpected and delightful combination of flavours!